Paging the IVP

Well, crap.

So I went to monitoring on Wednesday (CD 13) and had two follicles, one at 11.8 mm and the other at 10.  E2 168.  Crappy progress, but it had only been two days since my last monitoring.  Fine, same dose of follistim (75IU), come back on Sunday. 

Today’s visit:  (CD17, recall.)  Two follicles, one at 12.5 and the other at 10.5.  E2 is now, inexplicably, 113.  Huh?  They want me to take 100 IU (have been on 75 most of this cycle) and come back for another visit on Wednesday.  CD20.  WTF?  This is never going to work, even the bigger follicle isn’t going to mature that fast, and we’re way late into this cycle now, and risking having a weird egg if they’re taking this long to mature, and oh BTW I’m going on an uncancellable family vaca on Thursday through Monday, so no, we can’t stim some more.  And honestly, at $340 a visit, these monitoring visits are getting expensive.  With that + follistim alone I’m over $2000 this cycle, with jack shit to show for it.

Craptastic, huh?  What do you think, IVPers?

Explore posts in the same categories: TTC

7 Comments on “Paging the IVP”

  1. vee Says:

    I think that sounds like an expensive heap of frustration. I’ve no experience of this kind of stimming and monitoring, so I can’t offer any advice, only sympathy.

  2. Calliope Says:

    man. it sounds like hell!
    obviously your RE still feels like there is a chance tho, right?
    ugh! how maddening!!!

  3. Oh, shit. I am so sorry. I know far less about this than you, so I will offer you my sympathy and my hope.

  4. Kim Says:

    Ugh! I’m sorry, K! Unfortunately it sounds very like a lot of my IUI cycles. My RE would have already cancelled by now. It’s so frustrating, I know. Very sorry. Hugs!

  5. nycphoenix Says:

    I would get a new RE. This cycle sounds like a bust and should have been cancelled to save you further heartache and expense

  6. Care Says:

    Well crap, that stinks. I think I’d have a hard time throwing more time/money/energy into a cycle where I was seeing little to no progress. I am bummed for you.

  7. Heather Says:

    This is the point where we jumped out of IUI & into the adoption world. Full of its own issues, but 2 1/2 years later, we adopted twins. It was hard to give up the fight for a biological child…I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide. We just couldn’t afford to do IVF & then adopt if it didn’t work out. Love your blog. You’re so honest. Happy Holidays.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: